Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Technology vs Traditional

Uncle asked me to give tuition for his son as his exam is coming very soon. He is only standard 3, which is 12 years younger than me. When looking at his syllabus, the syllabus really change a lot.Science and Maths is divided into two languages, which are Mandarin and English. Last time we only have mandarin. Others I think is more or less the same. Before give him tuition, I guide him to finish his Chinese word writing. When i looking at his writing, i asked myself: Will he still write by using his own hand in the future? Since nowadays we all just use the "pin yin" to type our words out. Why dont the school just teaching them to "type" rather than "write"? I think it is more practical in this sense. To be frankly, after graduated form secondary school, I really lack of writing the Chinese word by using own hand. I believe other people also the same. Therefore, when really need we use our own hand to write out the word, it really difficult for us to recall back, or I will just use my hp to check. It's a pity for us and is a disadvantage of the technology advanced. Handwritten words actually have more emotion compare to the typed word. We can roughly know how is the person after seeing the handwritten word. The typed word just emotionless. No matter how, typed word is aiding us with more efficiency, just feel reluctant to replace the handwritten word. Probably I should learn from my little cousin when I am teaching him, as a reminder of the Chinese word. He learn form me, I learn from him. It's fair :)

No comments:

Post a Comment