Thursday, June 7, 2012

Nightmare

That time was my first attempt to read in front of a computer for a long period. Neither academic research nor watching Hong Kong soap opera. Instead, i read novels online. What a surprise for all of them who know me well. I was surprise too. The author of the stories that fascinated me so much is Giddens Ko, who is currently so well known of his film-You are The Apple of My Eye. He is so popular after the movie screening, a simple love story with a lot of humiliating elements that happens so closely in our surrounding. However, he is not only keen on writing love story, but also other stories, love, horror, adventurous, motivated and so much more. I cant named it so far as I just read some of them. The stories that attracted me the most is the "City Fear" series, which consists of different titles, they seem unrelated but have connection in some senses. The stories depicted in a simple manner, but turn all the horror and psycho scene from visual to word. The murdering process was describe in detail, the blood, the operations, the punishments...you can imagine how the character use the technique of hypnosis to kill the whole family's member, there are so real! I just carried away when I reading his city fear stories, through online reading. I can sit in front of the computer for 5-6 hours.One story after another. Until I have a nightmare, only I know that I was too over. I would not like to turn into psycho just because of reading his books. After all, I just cannot believe that there are a writer can write love story as well as horror story, maybe more. Source: http://zychee87.blogspot.com/2011/09/blog-post_9585.html It's is very hard for a writer to have different styles of writing, based on my opinion. Since each of the writer want to maintain certain style so they tend to stick to one genre, to attract the certain readers that favor over their works. If they try another genre, maybe they will lost the primary reader as well. Unless they are confident to do it. Just like Giddens Ko. He can write horror story as well as the love story. From his story, I realize that he is a person who really like to write. Therefore, no matter how people look at him, he will still strive for the things that he think is good. That is why he can breakthrough and write different kind of story. Sometime we really need to be brave enough to break our barrier. Once we take the first step, we can do it. Usually the first step is the hardest step to take. But if Giddens Ko can, I think others can as well, including me.

No comments:

Post a Comment